Thursday, August 09, 2007

I think I'm gonna scrap zucchini

Okay, a BIG GRIN here. I LOVE the versatility of zucchini! And I grew some in my garden this year. Okay, I HAD a garden this year, and zucchini was one of the first veggies on my list to plant. So, in my attempt to keep this scrap-related, I'm going to scrap a page about my obsession with zucchini and all the ways I love to cook it! Here are some of my favorites:

zucchini bread
zucchini pancakes
BBQ zucchini slices
Mousakka with zucchini (instead of eggplant)
shredded z in salads
shredded or cubed z in caseroles of all kinds
shredded z in spaghetti sauce
cubed z in fried rice (I tried that last night!)

Wow. I think I might try z pickles this year, too. Zucchini makes me so happy! :D

So, what's your favorite food of the summer? Or for you Southern folks, what warms your tummy this time of year?

1 comment:

{B}dreamy said...

Mmmm, I LOVE zucchini! *B