Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Do you hybrid scrap?

My cousin and I have a hybrid relationship when it comes to scrapbooking. She scraps paper; I scrap digi. And the crazy thing is we each LOVE our respective method and respect the other's preference. It's fun to see what she comes up with that I could NEVER do with digital--like little flaps that open! So amazing.

I turned my back on paper scrapping a long time ago and have never looked back. All the paper and scraps everywhere just was too overwhelming and I had no place to stash it all that was anything CLOSE to organized. (Keep an eye open here for a post on organizing your digi-stash.) Do any of YOU paper scrap? Or hybrid scrap? I would love to hear about your experiences!

Happy scrapping! ~Jen

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just started digi scrapping, and have always used paper -- But I just had twins, and can't find the space to keep my paper scrap where it won't be in the way. I imagine my scrapbooks will be hybrid -- mostly digital, but pages with the hospital bands & stuff done on paper.

My Heart Beats 4 Jesus said...

Hey, first of all, congratulations on having twins! You must be pretty busy with them! If you think you might end up leaning more toward digi-scrapping, one thing you could do with stuff like hospital bands is take a picture of them and then digi-scrap the picture. I did that with both my boys' emergency room visits. Then I taped the bands into simple diary/memory books I have for them...kind of like the traditional "baby book" except I'm just using a 3-ring binder and my own paper.

Have fun scrapping those precious babies!